Friday, February 1, 2008

New Trail


Well I started another trail the other day and I hope this one is as successful as my last. I think it's going to be quite a fun trail when it's done, with the main feature being two of the biggest bridges yet crossing hogtown creek. The bridge that's being worked on right now is going to be the most challenging bridge yet, but entirely doable on a ridgid single-speed. My goal with my trails are not to scare the hell out of anyone but rather to make enjoyable trails that anyone can ride smoothly with a ridgid bike or a cross bike<--that's me by the way. The new bridge in the progress will be my most solidly constructed, seeing how I'm using 8 inch lag bolts to attack the beams to the tree. With each new bridge, I gain better ideas on how to build a smoother, more solid, longer lasting bridge. I hope to finish the bridge tomorrow, but it all depends on if I can find more wood. I am accepting wood donations, so if anyone wants to get me some wood I'll be glad to take it, because it's no joke that I'm a broke bloak and can't afford anymore money on this bridge right now, but I would like to get it finished soon.

No comments: